• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 23, 2020

    Devil May Cry Lore Thursdays! Let us discuss some lore!

    Devil May Cry Lore Thursdays! Let us discuss some lore!


    Lore Thursdays! Let us discuss some lore!

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 07:32 AM PDT

    Got some interesting ideas about the lore and perhaps the future of the series? Let's discuss!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Interesting Detail: Was it Intentional?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 06:58 AM PDT

    vergil ranger by salvatore_tabbi_art

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 10:13 AM PDT

    So I drew the Chicken. That left wing was interesting to work on. Although I am pretty happy with the head. Any tips and tricks are always appreciated.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 03:22 PM PDT

    In DMC6 if the game is centered directly around Hell and going there as Nero (alone) how strong can Nero become facing demons that can always challenge his strength? Will a small time skip be in order to show his growth? And can being in Hell for long periods of time negatively affect Nero?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 10:16 PM PDT

    Platinum trophy on all DMC games! It’s been a bash!

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 08:17 AM PDT

    Entered photo mode just as I started the Sin Devil transformation. Them glowing eyes is so cool!

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 04:10 PM PDT

    last judgment draweth nigh

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 05:30 AM PDT

    Am I right on this?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 05:38 PM PDT

    I'm going for the platinum trophy since dmc is my favorite franchise only need the all S trophy and because of that I'm making a shit ton of playthroughs and I think there are some things that are references but I'm not sure:

    In the mission after defeating cavaliere(mission 11 I think) there is a statue that looks like dmc 3 DT Dante holding a sword that looks like rebellion before Virgil stabbed Dante with it in dmc 3.

    The game ends with Dante "stuck" in hell like in dmc 2

    When V wakes but Dante from his coma by almost stabbing his face with the sparda you can see v's reflection on Dante's eyes referencing the reflection of vergil in Dante's eyes in 3

    Before fighting Artemis Nero quotes Virgil by saying "without strength you can't protect anything"

    After clearing the bloody palace as Dante he says "what you lack is this" referencing agnus' last words in dmc 4

    I can't remember anything else from the top of my head, if you remember some neat small references tell them to me xD

    submitted by /u/1_kitos
    [link] [comments]

    Finally. Finally I’ve beaten all 5 Devil May Cry Games. I’ve escaped the Nightmares that are 1&3, the snooze fest that was 2, the NONSENSE backtracking of 4 and the Perfect 5. Now I can finally rest. *DmC: Devil May Cry off in the Distance*

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 07:18 PM PDT

    This is truly the saddest song in the entire franchise, more than any other I've heard

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 09:15 AM PDT

    DMC 3SE Vergil or DMC 4SE Vergil?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 08:08 AM PDT

    Have y'all ever played on easy?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 04:12 PM PDT

    In 3 and 4, I completed the game on easy at first. Played the more difficult ones after that. But I kinda feel like no one has played on easy ever

    submitted by /u/creepingdante
    [link] [comments]

    Alright, i started this series like 2 months ago and have played all games except reebot and 5 (yes, i played 2 aswell)

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 10:02 AM PDT

    I absolutely love the game and dante's unnecesary coolness. The only things i don't like are the hell and hell difficulty on 4, the item limit on 1 and almost everything about 2. The only game i actually have played a LOT is 3 (completed everything but dmd and hh) and i'm planning to do the same on 4, but idk if it's worth It because i don't think i can beat hell and hell. I don't have that much will to beat it

    submitted by /u/Electroshock14
    [link] [comments]

    How they reintroduce V's playstyle into a new character for DMC6?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 03:18 PM PDT

    Let's not bring out Patty please.

    We got Nero's old Sherlock look in the concept art of DMC4: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/devilmaycry/images/b/bb/DMC4_Nero_Early_Concept_Art.png/revision/latest?cb=20190615021534

    This new character I'll envision is based off of Sherlock Holmes, using V's summoning playstyle. With melee moves for his cane using baritsu style combat & exorcism.

    He'll summon his demon companions to assist him in battle and help him in warding off demons. (sorry for my lack of exorcism)

    Still gonna find a way to make a rival out of this one for Nero.

    Just don't know how...

    submitted by /u/henshinslayer
    [link] [comments]

    Big Combo for Big bois

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 02:25 AM PDT

    A Video On Devil May Cry 2

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 11:29 AM PDT

    Will Vergil be able to get more new weapons in his arsenal for 5SE?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 07:44 AM PDT

    As he's got Yamato, he'll need new gauntlets & greaves since Beowulf.

    Even more in a traditionalist scale. Can imagine a violin for a Devil Arm based on what we've seen with V's taunt. A wind element for the violin where he has an iaido for a string bow. Slicing enemies when he plays and sometimes strikes.

    Another weapon can be a kusarigama with nature's abilities like Echidna's. Plus with the chain to be based on a scorpion's stinger where he can poison or pull over enemies to his side. Even whip around to slice demons with the scythe.

    For a polearm either a halberd or a naginata or a kwan dao, with a water element since Dante's King Cerberus in bo staff form.

    submitted by /u/henshinslayer
    [link] [comments]

    Devil May Cry 5 - Mission 3 (Devil Hunter)

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 09:27 AM PDT

    Uh, how?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 03:19 AM PDT

    As a new player, I've been enjoying DMC1 the most

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 01:37 AM PDT

    My opinion seems very unusual compared to what I've seen in the community at large, but I thought I'd throw it out there to see what other people think. I recently completed DMC1-4 (I've ordered DMC5 online but the shipping has been delayed...) and found that I enjoyed DMC1 the most by a pretty wide margin.

    DMC2 was unarguably the worst in my mind, for the reasons that people always complain about, but I did really like some of the aesthetics. The city sections sometimes reminded me of House of the Dead 2, a game I'm quite fond of, and the enemies had kind of a satanic vibe I liked. As bad as the Infested Vehicles were, the idea of modern military hardware being taken over by demonic parasites is kind of interesting. Also I liked Dante's design.

    DMC4 was my other least favorite. It just felt very hollow to me; the story was somewhat interesting but kind of lacked urgency. Some of the angelic aesthetics were cool but never quite came together all the way, and I found the combat and level design overall pretty bland, to say nothing of retreading everything as Dante - though it was leagues more competent than DMC2. I might be being a little unfair though; by the time I got to this one I admit I was a little burnt out.

    DMC3 I am very fond of! The combat is terrific, and it has so much energy it was infectious; this is the only one I've really felt pushed to go for high ranks with and really experiment with alternate weapons and fighting styles. The story was also compelling, especially the fraternal relationship at the center of everything. However; the enemies and design of Temen-ni-gru left something to be desired - it felt more like a video game than a place. Yeah, I am aware that it is a video game, but a sense of existing in a real place is very important to me, and Temen-ni-gru felt less like exploring an interesting location and more like playing through a gauntlet of levels that only exist to challenge the player. It might be controversial to say, but I thought even DMC2 was better in this regard.

    Which brings me to DMC1: my personal favorite. The gameplay is more basic than 3 and 4, your options more limited, but it felt so much more memorable as a whole. Mallet Island had a great aesthetic and an interesting lore that was only really hinted at throughout the game. You go through castles, sunken ships, underground caves, outdoor gardens, and ultimately hell itself - it felt like a really classic gaming location, like Spencer Mansion or Dracula's Castle. There's a real foreboding atmosphere and sense of horror, loneliness even, basically missing from the sequels. I've seen a lot of people say that it's "hard to go back to", "really rough", and the classic "borderline unplayable". I find this incredibly unfair - even if the gameplay is less developed than later games, it's still very enjoyable. Plus the more grounded combat adds to the horror atmosphere a little bit more anyway; if it were as over the top as 3 or 4 you'd lose some of that atmosphere, I think.

    Forgot DMC even existed so didn't play that one.

    Obviously I put more weight in aesthetics and atmosphere than raw gameplay or story, but I'm wondering if anyone else feels the same way (if anyone has read this far that is, I realize I've rambled quite a bit here!). I'd like to emphasis that I have no prior experience with this series beyond little tidbits picked up through cultural osmosis, and haven't played any other games in the character-action genre either (unless you count Ninja Gaiden Black, I suppose), so this is all my perspective as a new player in 2020. Thanks for reading, hope to hear what you think.

    submitted by /u/BelatedGamer
    [link] [comments]

    "Wings of the Guardian", Lucia's theme from DMC2.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 10:39 AM PDT

    Devil sword Sparda vs Devil sword Dante

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 10:18 AM PDT

    Devil sword Sparda is better than Devil sword Dante in every way change my mind.

    submitted by /u/Taakai
    [link] [comments]

    If we were to get Lady & Trish back as playable characters in a VSE, how would you go about making their playstyles more distinct?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 10:42 PM PDT

    Lady and Trish in 4SE to me have always felt kinda derivative and a bit too streamlined with LDK in mind. My issues with 4SEVergil are a different matter.

    What would you rebalance/change or expand upon mechanically and/or movelist-wise?

    For Lady in particular, I know her thing as a human is shooting, but I would love some more gun katas like in DMC3. Imagine pistol whipping, shotgun butting and then flipping whilst shooting SMGs. It could be interesting to have her weapons swaps change her shooting and melee attacks. Just spit-balling an idea here, but maybe her style button could be using different types of explosives, e.g. frag grenade, semtex, C4.

    As for Trish, I'd naturally outfit her more/different weapons. It'd be a cool way to get some classics back, e.g. Alastor/Nightmare, Nevan/Artemis, Fists/Pandora (w/ different forms), but in terms of a unique style function for her, I don't really have a clue. Maybe lightning stuff?

    submitted by /u/Zerepa97
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment