• Breaking News

    Friday, June 12, 2020

    Devil May Cry I had to do this...

    Devil May Cry I had to do this...


    I had to do this...

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 08:53 AM PDT

    Do'hnte

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 11:10 AM PDT

    Another day another nothing

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 08:31 PM PDT

    My favorite DMC boss is the PS5

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 04:04 PM PDT

    Hardwire controls everything. Without great load speeds you can not play anything, let alone DMC5.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 04:14 PM PDT

    We’re really gonna have to wait until Special Edition comes out

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    Hahahahaha

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 02:11 PM PDT

    Do you think Capcom will return to DMC? What do u guys think of RE8?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 10:17 AM PDT

    [OC] Mermay DT Nero

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 05:01 PM PDT

    [Nero] After 120 hours of DMC5 gametime, I finally beat it. Thanks to the dude here who told me how to dodge stage 100 spike attack; saved my bum. I can finally rest in peace now

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 05:44 AM PDT

    Getting more consistent and better at using Royal Release to set up combos

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 02:06 PM PDT

    This chicken is roasted (Griffon 3 DMD no damage)

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 11:22 AM PDT

    Devil May Cry 5 - Backslide Sequences

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 05:48 PM PDT

    Getting DMC5's in game visuals to look more like the cutscenes (pretty simple pc change)

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 02:52 AM PDT

    So, upfront, gonna post the results here.

    https://imgur.com/a/jzHtM2B

    It's a stark contrast right? it's not a mod or anything. just messing with 5's .INI file.

    i DEFINITELY should mention that part of this comes from https://youtu.be/KJkVqM45qKE. This video was super helpful. Give them love!

    Im no computer geek, but ill do my best to explain this.

    So, first, some background. Why does 5 look different in cutscenes than how it does in game. One reason is that the cutscenes have special settings to make em look good. Ones you cannot enable for gameplay through the in game menus. Among these are contact shadows and sub surface scattering. When you look at the pc options for 5, you can see SSS listed and the only options are "off" and "variable." Variable basically means "On for cutscenes, off for gameplay"

    So, the video above will show you how to get contact shadows on, and that offers GREAT improvement. Watch the above video to figure out how to turn that on, and we'll be doing something similar for SubSurface Scattering

    Normally, it's abbreviated to SSS. But DMC5 adds an extra s to make it SSSS. If we also change the "CUSTOM" text to "ON," that SHOULD turn it on in game.

    HOWEVER. When you boot up the game, DMC5 will automatically rewrite the INI file and change that "ON" back to "CUSTOM." Thus stopping the sub surfaces from scattering.

    To prevent this, after you finish editing the .INI file, right click on the file from the window explorer, go to properties, check the box that says "read only," and press apply. This will prevent 5 from changing the INI file on launch. Note, this will also prevent YOU from changing the file too. So if you want to edit it again, make sure you UNCHECK that box before saving.

    If you'd like to revert these changes, just return the ON commands to CUSTOM and restart the game. These changes don't take effect until you restart.

    My performance did not take any noticable hit. I game at 1920p, and my framerate is still rocking a stable 60fps. For reference, my default screen shots were taken when everything was basically at max settings. I had no visual mods installed, but i was running SSSiyan's cheat table for a few screenshots. my anti aliasing is using the combo FXAA+TAA. I got shadow cache off. Rendering method is normal. Chromatic Aberration is on. i changed none of these settings when changing the INI file text.

    A final note. The SSS in game is not quite as good as it is in cutscenes. A friend of mine, who im not sure wants to be named, suggested that it's possible that the in game material used for the models may not be equipped to handle SSS. So if any modder out there wants to see whats up and wants to see if they can improve it, go ahead. Just give me and GPunity a shout out on the mod's release lol.

    Edit: final FINAL note. I'm using directx12 atm. I have NOT tested these changes with any mods.

    Edit2: for turning on SSS ingame, I am not sure if anyone else has done the same method as me. I did look on the sub and did a Google search, I wasnt able to find any articles, blog posts, videos, etc that detailed this method. So while I did have to figure out how to do this, its entirely possible people have done this before. I just couldn't find any discussion on it, so I decided to post it here

    submitted by /u/kjlop
    [link] [comments]

    Vergil | World So Cold

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 03:19 PM PDT

    it’s finally here. the most satisfying platinum i ever got

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 05:26 AM PDT

    Anyone use Steam Controller Configuration for DMC5?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 07:10 PM PDT

    I was trying to setup a keybind I like for Nero to be constantly charging Blue Rose without me having to hold the button constantly. I mostly have it where I want by adding an Activator for a Regular Press that can be Interrupted and an Activator for a Long Press that acts as a Toggle. Basically, holding the button for a second or so begins charging Blue Rose, then I can fire as normal once it's charged.

    The only minor snag is that when I want to charge again, I have to briefly hold down the Long Press to end the toggle before I hold it again to restart it. I'd like to be able to end the Toggle by pressing my Gun button to fire. Anyone know if this is possible?

    submitted by /u/AtrumRuina
    [link] [comments]

    Does Vergil’s playstyle almost remind you of Gabriel Belmont/Dracula from Lords of Shadow?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 05:35 PM PDT

    Gabriel possesses the Void Sword and Chaos Claws.

    Perhaps Vergil can possess other abilities in his playstyle updated. Vergil wield Yamato and a new Beowulf, a Kaiser Beowulf.

    Hope a new sword as well to replace Force Edge.

    Gabriel also possessed a Blood Whip.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/henshinslayer
    [link] [comments]

    Why do the models look significantly worse in gameplay compared to the model viewer and cutscenes ?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 02:40 AM PDT

    Where would be a good bet for DMC5: Special Edition to make it development and eventual release? Hope not too long

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 02:55 PM PDT

    If a new Beowulf like King Cerberus exists, how would you name it?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 04:09 PM PDT

    How do you picture DMC going into PS5's new graphics?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 09:02 AM PDT

    Which settings are cpu intensive and which one is GPU?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 02:00 PM PDT

    I have a decent GPU but shitty CPU, so please tell me which is which:

    Mesh quality Effect quality Ambient occlusion type Bloom Lens flare Volumetric light quality

    submitted by /u/FAR1X
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment