• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 29, 2020

    Devil May Cry Free Talk Sunday! What is up, Devil Hunter?

    Devil May Cry Free Talk Sunday! What is up, Devil Hunter?


    Free Talk Sunday! What is up, Devil Hunter?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 07:33 AM PDT

    Whatcha been up to this week? Playing any new games, go and see anything new, do anything exciting? Let's hear about it!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Vergil: Show me your motivation! Me:

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 02:04 PM PDT

    I tried to recreate DMC5 Dante in Nioh 2 :)

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 05:52 PM PDT

    Sparda and Nelo quarantine coop.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 08:11 AM PDT

    That Moment When you did a Guard Fly for the first time

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 06:52 PM PDT

    ~I split the atom with my high kick baby

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 04:40 PM PDT

    DMC5 alternate enemies?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 12:42 PM PDT

    If only every final boss was this fun to smack around

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 07:42 PM PDT

    Tried to use Buster Arm while holding enemies at the same time, this is what happened...

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 02:54 PM PDT

    Felt motivated but now I’m in pain

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 07:12 PM PDT

    DDMK 2.7 Preview

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 08:51 AM PDT

    Improving Nero and Dante for the Special Edition

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 02:18 PM PDT

    This is a continuation of my post from months ago about how I would like to see V improved and now I want to do one for Nero and Dante. Which I decided to make as one post because of time and I honestly don't have much to say since I have the least amount of issues with these 2 gameplay wise. However before that I came across this one video on how to improve/fix V's playstyle that is arguably better than mine or has some really good ideas so here is a look.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx03wJcjAE0

    Now onto the main show starting with Nero. Look I'm not going to go crazy since this is a Special Edition and not a sequel so I'm keeping this simple and based on what Capcom has done with their past SEs, DmCDE, and DMC3SE for Switch am more modest and believable to what they can do but at the same time my wishlist might still come off as a bit too much in certain areas...maybe but so was V's.

    First I basically would like Rainbow (the drop kick) to have the same punch it had in DMC4 or similar to it. I do find the fact they made Rainbow much easier to perform great and all but lacks the impact of the Rainbow from DMC4. I loved the (rare) feeling I get whenever I connect a Rainbow on an enemy and it sends them flying. It felt so nice whenever I could land one. Maybe it doesn't have to be as exaggerated but not as weaksauce as it is DMC5. Its like the demon got slightly pushed. Maybe I'm missing something but Rainbow lacks impact. Maybe they wanted it to be more realistic so perhaps if you getting a start/activate Speed then perform Rainbow it packs more of punch compared to when not in Speed.

    Another major fix would be I would like to have the Devil Breakers that appear throughout the stages be based on my loadout and not some randomized nonsense. I mean for some reason most of the Devil Breakers I come across are the DLC ones. If I wanted Monkey Business and Pasta Breaker I would ask. So likewise perhaps a solution they make is that at Nico's van (or the Divinity Statue) we have the option to set what Devil Breakers we find or the ones Nico send out with two options "Based on Loadout"/"Control" and "Randomized"/"Surprise Me".

    I have no problem with his Devil Breakers and something like directional inputs would be nice but I am okay waiting for sequel to implement but there are a few Devil Breakers I wouldn't mind some much needed adjustments like.

    Rawhide. Despite it being classified as the crowd control weapon its range isn't that much better than Red Queen's. Yeah it has 360 degree hit radius on its first combo and its second combo actually scoops enemies into place but that is it. It could some more range and also the ability to move like performing Combo A. With some of Nero's Red Queen combos you can move Nero or he moves automatically but using Rawhide no matter how much Nero hops and dances around during the attack animations he stays perfectly still. Would give a big emphasis on crowd control if he can use it a little bit on the move or he has momentum when using it in the air...like Dante's rainstorm. And lastly perhaps Rawhide or Wire Snatch had a function or move that allowed Nero to pull himself toward an enemy....like in DmC.

    Buster Arm. I wish using both the Buster Arm and Devil Bringer Buster attacks in tandem offer style points. I consider both different tools and abilities so why not.

    Tomboy. Boy this one is quite the disappointment really. A really badass idea but kinda flounders in the execution in certain areas. Namely its Gun turret mode. I have no problem with 3rd person shooter mode mechanics in a DMC game (especially since competing series like Bayonetta and NG has something like this) but I personally find using the thing a bit clunky. Its field of vision turning is barely 180 degrees and would benefit from being a near full 360 degree and you used both the L-stick and R-stick to aim it. This makes it hard to pop a non cancel DT (its when you press the DT button while holding the L-stick so Nero doesn't DT cancel whatever animation you were doing) while aiming. So I recommend using one stick for aiming (preferably the stick that controls the camera) and Not only that when you enter Gun mode Nero starts to aim whereever the camera is facing and not where Nero is facing. This messes me up so badly whenever performing combos. I would say just adjust it so that it aims where ever Nero is facing. I wish there was someway to do both but I can't think of one and I think it pointing where Nero is facing will deal with a lot of aiming issues in fast paced combos. Lastly I find its BreakAge very underwhelming. Its basically the same just now getting hit wont break it. Kinda lame really. I don't it being that but it could some more like during it Nero is invincible to all damage or all damage is reduced and Nero has Super Armor and/or the attacks become even more ferocious and heavy hitting with more range.

    RagTime. I wish Ragtime can produce multiple time bubbles at once and once we break/change (will get to that part later) out of the breaker they remain there. That is all.

    And most importantly Devil Breaker switching. Its a massive requested feature at this point. Yeah Itsuno and the team had their fun with something new and different now let us play Nero the way we want to and absolutely break this game. It can be something like DMC3 for the Switch where you have the option to choose between the original and the breaker switching. Its a massive requested feature alongside Vergil they would have to have the biggest earwax in their ears to ignore it or really up their own ass with this restrictive breaker system. I would gladly give up all the other improvements just for this. It can work like by having it tied to the d-pad. Right to cycle forward, Left to cycle back and up or down for breakaway. They can still break but now we have more combo freedom. Almost every reviews even the insanely positive ones don't care for how the DB are handled in the game and want something more freeform like Dante's playstyle. People are okay with them breaking they just want to switch them at will. Please do this for the fans Capcom.

    And lastly. This should be a given but the option to use DLC breakers in Bloody Palace. This should also extend to Dante's Cavaliere R and whatever new weapons and breakers Nero and Dante may or may not get. Also while we are at it unique Buster animations for bosses like Cavaliere Angelo and Urizen would be neat as well as unique Executions for V for certain bosses like Urizen and Malphas. A few new moves for his DT would be cool. I mean his neutral melee + devil breaker/style isn't being used.

    Dante

    Yeah this one will be trick since his playstyle is beloved especially in this game but I have a few issues (just some kinks in certain areas) and I've seen some complaints from pro players that Ive also consider and mostly agree with.

    For starters lets get this out of the way yes Weapon Wheel from DMC3 Switch version is a must or make it optional via the settings. Perhaps fine tune it bit more to be a bit more fluid but other than yes. Another thing I would fix is Dante's weapon UI. I would like to have his weapon UI present at all times or give us that option. It helps me and other players know at all time what weapons Dante has on him and in my cycle at all times. I have short term memory loss...okay maybe not really but I tend to forget certain details like which weapon in both my firearms and melee lineup are next and in the cases of guns I sometime forget what guns I'm currently equipped. I perform way better on Bloody Palace then I do the main campaign because I can know at all times what weapons I have equipped. They got it right with Nero and his Devil Breakers (although I feel they need it less than Dante) and DmC with its Dante (although the UI looked bland and ugly if you ask me) and Dante in Bloody Palace if some people find it too intrusive and that it clutters the screen well make it optional in the settings for people like me.

    Balrog. One complaint I've seen is how his moveset is divided into 2 parts. Kick and blow mode. Thus making it hard to seemlessly access moves from different parts of his moveset because you need to switch modes and that plays out an unskippable animation. Some say scrap the mode and consolidate everything into one mode. That would work since Balrog doesn't fully utilize all input methods like say Red Queen or Cavaliere/King Cerberus does but would be a lot of work especially with how Balrog's moves are designed. A quick fix that keeps the mode stances is to incorporate switch buffering. Like how pressing the Devil Bringer button during another attack animation will bring out Bringer Knuckle instead of performing Buster performing the input for switching modes in the middle of another attack will switch modes without the animation playing out. This isn't a new concept to DMC either. In DMC3 you can buffer the starting parts of a Crazy Combo (like say Stinger into Million Stabs) in the animation of a previous attack to lead cancel out the first attack like Stinger and lead directly into the Crazy Combo. It gives Balrog its own attack timing based mechanic like Red Queen giving it more depth while fixing this issue.

    Another complaint I've seen is the application of the Ignition system as noted here.

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ha62y3_FWvDpV5Dt4ltHipWGAXuoo6FDwm9qijsfvFA/edit

    I can see where everyone is coming from and I too find the ignition system a bit obtuse at times. I think the idea of perfectly timed Welter dodges giving you ignition is pretty smart. Overall I would hope they rework how Ignition is both built and depletes to be more intuitive and the player have more control over it. Well I know you can build Ignition by chaining any Blow Mode attack 10 times so perhaps we should be allowed to maintain Ignition by constantly using Blow Mode attacks once a while to maintain the heat. Another thing they should add to help with Balrog and it goes with my weapon UI issue from above are using the Balrog weapon slot UI as a meter for the ignition system kind of like Trish's Round Trip meter so you know at all times when Ignition may or may not run out.

    Dr. Faust. I personally find Dr.Faust insanely broken and with how easy it is to farm Red Orbs so quickly its not a good enough equalizer to balance its OPness. When absolute scrubs are getting some of the fastest times and highest scores in Bloody Palace you know there is a problem. I feel the damage of Red Hot Night (the meteor shower) should be cut by 1/3 or also cost DT to use and the damage of Red Shot (just shooting the damn thing) should be slashed in half. It literally turns DMC5 into DMC2. Stand still and hold shoot to kill everything. Isn't this effortless brokenness also what we used to criticize DmC for.

    Also, I wish Man in the Red (the move where Dante has Red Orbs circle around him) and Magic Hat (the move where the Hat flies around Dante and you can fire it independently from Dante) would stay around even if Dante changes fire arms. Like if you have Magic Hat out and switch to another gun its still there but you can't fire it until you go back to Dr. Faust. Also when Magic Hat is out giving it a few directional inputs like when its not out would be cool to expand that weapon utility if possible.

    Cavaliere (R). One complaint I've heard lobbied against this weapon is its lack of utility and features and how its Gear system and combo chaining system is very counterproductive to DMC as a series. These are just individual opinions I've heard elsewhere that I kind of agree with. I think Cavaliere is a great, fun weapon that feels undercooked because the devs seem to be trying to work on so many things at once (I don't know Capcom maybe you shouldn't be trying to juggle 3 different playstyles at once). So looking at it I feel that there are ways to fix or improve the weapon such as making the Gear system more flexible. Its already functions like a pseudo Exceed system so perhaps you can build gear by holding the attack and style button during a combo attack and you can store it to be used later. Perhaps they can give certain moves that come out with OverTop Gear more rewarding properties like Hyper Armor that powers through any attack for finisher/ender like moves or the end of Combo B creates a duststorm that sucks up and juggles around nearby enemies. Another way to improve the weapon is to give it more inputs especially since its bike mode is lacking in aerial inputs and you can give its buzzsaw modes an aerial back to forward input. Not sure what you can add there but something to give this weapon some more utility outside spamming RedLine for movement. Honestly just some more moves will do this weapon a lot of good. It has the least out of all of Dante's weapons thus is the least useful IMO. Its Full Throttle move could use an extension move like Stinger to Million Stabs or Balrog's Heavy Jolt to Fly Dragon and since Full Throttle has a lengthy animation you can easily squeeze in multiple inputs like forward + style Dante drifts the bike to slow down grinding enemies with the wheels and you can follow up with any other attack (can grant Gear Wheel) and back + style is Wheelie Jump basically. So you have 3 follow up attacks for Full Throttle. RedLine, Drifting, and Wheelie Jump.

    And lastly SDT. I personally think SDT is fine as what it offers. However I've seen a couple pro players complain that its too good of a tool (since its Dante's best mobility tool) to be locked behind Quad S (meaning being able to only access it seamlessly without having a long animation playing out) which requires SSS style ranking to achieve. That is a fair complaint although I personally don't agree. Perhaps they could rework how activating SDT and Quad S works to be more lenient. Perhaps its just S Rank you can access Quad S. This personally isn't something I'm dying to have but wouldn't be all that bad to have.

    Alternatively the best option for all these ideas to make both hardcore fans and pro players happy and for the devs vision/intent to not be compromised is to make these features exclusive to Super Dante. So Super Dante grants automatic Quad S, infinite Balrog ignition, and constant OverTop Gear for Cavaliere. Bizarrely Super characters in DMC5 doesn't have any bonus perks like they did in DMC4SE. It was like that in DMC4 vanilla so I wouldn't be surprised if they did it again.

    What else is there? Oh yeah the issue with Guard cancelling taking too long or something. Yeah fix that Capcom. Oh and in a Q&A for the game one fan asked Itsuno if Wall Running was in and Itsuno said it wasn't because they forgot it existed and he promised to implement it next time....hopefully by next time he meant 5SE.

    Oh and lastly the 3 swords. Rebellion, DSD, and Sparda. Yeah there has been concession of debate among the fanbase with how kind of cheap they did Rebellion and Sparda in favor of DSD (which makes sense). Hopefully they can rectify this issue in the SE. Personally DSD is fine but I personally would change Combo C into Combo B so we can access Prop and Shredder a bit quicker. The new combo C should be different than the basic Rebellion Combo B. DSD Dance Macabre should be different from Rebellion's and Sparda Dance Macabre. Rebellion can be the same but can we please for the love of Christ have Drive and OverDrive back. Also its Dance Macabre animation can be the same as its Crazy Dance Macabre from DMC3. That was far cooler. It would be nice if Sparda had a similar moveset to Trish's Sparda in DMC4SE but if Trish might be in the SE as well that might be a bit redundant....or not. At the very least can we get V-Divider and its Round Trip has the same large range and suction effect as well as Maximum OverDrive.

    Bonus weapons would be cool. I would love to see the likes of Agni and Rudra as well as say Pandora return. See how they can improve upon those weapons. Although I can see them just giving those weapons to Trish.

    So that is all. A lot longer than I actually thought it would be. Any thoughts or opinions? Anything I may have missed or you would've liked to be added or improved?

    submitted by /u/KingDanteV
    [link] [comments]

    Nero DT Wing update. Got the frame and made a bunch of feathers. I know this is not much at the moment but for those who are interested in making wings, this is what I am doing and it seems like it’s working for the time being. Making the claws now.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 10:49 AM PDT

    And in such a fast rate too

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 06:37 PM PDT

    Urizen DMD 96 seconds speedrun (No Faust)

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 09:46 AM PDT

    What's the name of this song?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 03:37 PM PDT

    Hello everyone

    I've been trying to find out the name of a specific song that I can't remember
    It usually plays when you're inspecting something
    Especially like, locked doors?
    It sounds heavenly but I can't find it anywhere :(
    Could anyone help please?
    Thank you c:

    It's this song, but I don't know the name
    https://youtu.be/0vOvGnDR5B4?t=445

    submitted by /u/dudjent
    [link] [comments]

    1.1.6 was supposed to be the last one, but.... (Teaser)

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 08:14 PM PDT

    Pencil crayon drawing of V by me

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 12:47 AM PDT

    Getting Angry

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 07:05 PM PDT

    I'm attempting to get the Platinum trophy on PS4, and I'm straying dangerously close to "fuck this game" territory.

    Seriously. This is absolutely impossible. S ranking every mission on Dante Must Die is one thing, but then I have to do it on Hell and Hell too? Suck my fucking dick!

    submitted by /u/Splatoonist
    [link] [comments]

    My first attempt at creating the Devil Bringer! (DMC4 version)

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 08:12 PM PDT

    My DmC Combo Video/Stream

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 06:03 PM PDT

    Hello Devil Hunters this is KHBOY to give you a video of me playing bloody palace in DmC I have been really getting into combo videos since I love Kyo, Sakaki and Donguri, sadly there is no music just the game audio, but I hope you like it. But the video quality is lacking. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oEaE_Ha06E&t=281s

    submitted by /u/ThatOneKHBOYYY
    [link] [comments]

    this template is so old but it's the only thing i thought after finishing bloody palace with nero

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 07:33 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment