• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 1, 2021

    Devil May Cry Wednesday Q&A Megathread - Ask your questions here!

    Devil May Cry Wednesday Q&A Megathread - Ask your questions here!


    Wednesday Q&A Megathread - Ask your questions here!

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 03:00 AM PDT

    To help our users get their many questions answered, we have implemented weekly Wednesday Q&A megathreads!

    [FAQ](https://www.reddit.com/r/DevilMayCry/wiki/faq)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The Vergil iceberg.

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 09:37 AM PDT

    Turns out Vergil really will be the storm that is approaching...

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 11:51 AM PDT

    No matter how wacky we make it seem, the DmC series is Deep

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 09:32 AM PDT

    Okay but can we talk about the giant shit post the DMC3 team made that is the Clear Bonus art?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 01:05 PM PDT

    Some how made it look like one cut scene idk how i was editing and then i did this

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 06:18 AM PDT

    I did the funny

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 05:23 PM PDT

    LET'S F*KING ROCK!!!!!!!!

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 10:25 AM PDT

    Should 'Based!' be a Stylish rank in DMC6?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 07:56 AM PDT

    I feel like it would fit right in.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/HunterTheHoly
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat DMC2

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 02:48 PM PDT

    Welp I finally did I beat DMC2 as Dante I'm not gonna play as Lucia because I don't want to. What I thought of the game the sorry was boring as hell and I checked out in the middle.of it. There were only two good boss fights the guy with the wolves and phantom, phantom because well he was actually designed to be able to block E&I when you use them too much I only saw sin devil trigger in the final boss I never updated my health or devil trigger I only upgraded E&I . The combat feels like the worst parts about DMC1 and 3's combat

    submitted by /u/AngelOfCardGames
    [link] [comments]

    The storm the is approaching

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 06:16 PM PDT

    JACKPOT!

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 02:35 PM PDT

    Its September

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 04:34 PM PDT

    I NEED TO KNOW

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 05:52 AM PDT

    Who's stronger between the two , Dante OR Vergil?

    submitted by /u/Zealousideal-Grass62
    [link] [comments]

    DMC5 crashes my whole computer in the prologue (AMD Radeon R9 M380)

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 05:10 PM PDT

    I actually got the game to work to some degree and now I no longer have the game open and then just immediately close like it used to. Now, however, the game crashes my whole computer (by that I mean the game window goes black and everything on the computer is unresponsive save the audio, forcing me to turn the computer off and on again) in the prologue. The first time, I was playing at some super small resolution and it crashed at the cutscene before the first fight. The second time, I was at 2560x1440 and it crashed after the second fight. What do I do? I can't verify the integrity of the files (I don't know why, but whenever I put the game in Steam, the option is never there) and changing my graphics card isn't an option.

    UPDATE: I tried it a third time and it crashed on the first cutscene again.

    submitted by /u/Bismuth84
    [link] [comments]

    Obligatory: "Just starting this series" post.

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 01:29 AM PDT

    After hearing for a decade + how AMAZING the DMC series is, I'm finally going in. Grabbed the HD collection on steam for $20.

    I'll tell you right now that y'all have me about ready to just skip DMC2 and go straight to 3 after I'm done with 1.

    I'm only 5 chapters into 1 so far, just beat "The Black Knight" boss. This game has... aged. But I can appreciate it for what it is/was. I'm having fun so far and that's what's important.

    I'm excited to see when Dante really *becomes* the Dante that I've come to expect, if that makes sense? The snarky, quip-lashing edgelord of sorts.

    Anyhow yeah that's 'bout it. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

    submitted by /u/xSubjectAlphax
    [link] [comments]

    there is a sale , which should i get the hd collection or dmc4

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 06:45 AM PDT

    i've finished dmc5 , which one should i get. which one aged better

    submitted by /u/razr7TR
    [link] [comments]

    Really annoying Exceed noise

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 02:52 PM PDT

    So I'm playing through dmc4 and every time I attack with the red queen a noise goes off. I think it's down to my exceed being full. The issue is no mater how many times I use exceed moves the bar won't go down. Is there a way to deal with this?

    submitted by /u/TheGibShow31
    [link] [comments]

    Devil May Cry V PC or Special Edition?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 08:38 AM PDT

    I'm trying to decide between getting DMC5 on PC or getting the Special Edition on the PS5. What advantages does the SE version have over the original? Any recommendations on which would be the better version to pickup?

    submitted by /u/rbyrnes15
    [link] [comments]

    COOP Trainer Issues

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 07:43 PM PDT

    Hail DMC5 community!

    I got some questions for the co-op of this game... I understand that you'll need "COOP Trainer for Devil May Cry 5" from Nexusmods to play coop with a friend.

    1) Does the mod still work? And what are the limitations? 2) How hard is it to get it set-up and invite your friend to your party? 3) My friend's in Europe and I'm from Asia. So net latency/lag is gonna be a fucky at best. How badly will this affect our experience?

    Also, will the following items transfer from Host to COOP partner? a) XP Progress Earned b) Attribute/Skill Points Earned c) Newly Unlocked Moves & Perks d) Newly Looted Gears & Items

    A friend of mine wants to play this coop. She has the game, I don't. So I have no idea if playing with the COOP Trainer is a good entry point to the DMC5 universe. I'm completely new to this IP and absolutely no idea what to expect.

    Thank you all in advance!

    -Nomad

    submitted by /u/llNomadll
    [link] [comments]

    Dmc 5 special edition is finally on sale. Should i get it?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 07:35 PM PDT

    So i played my heart and soul into dmc 5 when it released. Ive came back for Vergil when he his dlc released for the base game. Eventually played dmc 5 again til i got burned out i earned everyone bloody palace emotes, every ability unlocked, every 3 mil orbs ex taunt done, all difficultes thats higher than devil hunter beaten. Is it worth buying SE? I even seen that you cant even transfer save data so i cant even use my ps4 save data for the SE edition which means i would start all over again (comboing is gonna feel so lackluster without the unlocked abilitys) so is it worth it?

    submitted by /u/SifinBoots
    [link] [comments]

    Should Nero Have a Devil Arm?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 07:26 PM PDT

    This discussion is mostly about whether Nero should have one or not. The weapons Nero has like the Blue Rose and the Red Queen are all man-made. Even the Devil Breakers are man-made, using the demon energy to power up the mechanical arms Nico has. The only Devil Arm Nero utilized was the Yamato, and I guess a little bit of Devil Sword Sparda.

    Now with all that the question still lies whether if he should have one or not. For some people, they want Nero with Devil arms just like Dante and Vergil. For me, I think in a way, this just happens to be a thing for Nero. Maybe that's what makes him unique compared to the twin brothers, that he uses all weapons based on technology.

    The demon energy he uses is mostly just based on him. The only Devil Arm I can see happening is him using his own power to create one of his own. In DMC5, he uses a spectral Yamato in its place. I also had a theory with Vergil doing the same thing, Mirage Edge being in place of one of the devil arms Vergil is actually forming. For Nero though, I dont see him creating multiple devil arms like that at all, and probably just one in line with his Red Queen.

    I wouldn't mind Nero just having one Devil Arm made by him, while mostly his moves are from man made weapons. For example, the idea of the Devil Breaker Tomboy, can get more development in line with his Red Queen and Blue Rose, and the same with Buster Arm. Even in the end 5, Nero doesn't seem to be letting go of those Devil Breakers, and might incorporate them more into his body. This can become its own set of styles gameplay wise in the series.

    So how does this idea for Nero parallel with Dante and Vergil? Well Vergil sticks to weapons that are based on his power, and so only uses Devil Arms made by him or Sparda. Nero, just like Vergil, sticks to his own weapons made by him(and extension of Nico), but they're technologicaly based instead of through power or magic. Dante on the other hand doesn't care and uses any weapon because he's the whacky whoo-hoo pizza man, so he's in the middle. Dante uses Devil Arms made by him or from other demons like his Rebellion, while also using man made weapons too like Ebony and Ivory.

    So what do you guys think? Should Nero start getting Devil Arms, or should he stick to his own kit?

    submitted by /u/SUPERSHADOW131
    [link] [comments]

    Which of the two sons of Spardas has more character depth?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 12:52 PM PDT

    Every now and then you see these posts that try to explain the character iceberg of the two and since Vision of V came out Vergils is getting more and more insight into his character, in my opinion Dante has been coming up way short lately. But who do you think is the one with the greater character depth?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Impressive_Cake8908
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment