• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 30, 2020

    Devil May Cry Free Talk Sunday! What is up, Devil Hunter?

    Devil May Cry Free Talk Sunday! What is up, Devil Hunter?


    Free Talk Sunday! What is up, Devil Hunter?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 07:32 AM PDT

    Whatcha been up to this week? Playing any new games, go and see anything new, do anything exciting? Let's hear about it!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Still the same young demon boy

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 07:04 AM PDT

    fuck this guy

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 02:48 PM PDT

    These boys is tall as hell or they just got tiny ass heads

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 02:16 PM PDT

    Sin DT

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 05:27 AM PDT

    How I felt during the last fight

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 04:53 AM PDT

    What if Dante called Nero "dead weight" just before jumping off after the final fight

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 09:53 AM PDT

    Take care, Nero. Adios, "Dead weight". -- jumps off

    submitted by /u/atlasv9999
    [link] [comments]

    Just a neat thing since I was curious

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 05:12 PM PDT

    Just a neat thing since I was curious

    I used the Proto Angelo as a reference, dante is about mid chest height to the thing normally. But when you transform into the SDT during the snap animation Dante's character model grows in the blink of an eye cleverly into the SDT size and height, if you photomode him before the transformation is complete, and I decided to see how tall he was. Dante goes from mid-chest height of the Proto to being about its height give or take a few small inches when he's in SDT, just, wanted to share that~.

    before

    after

    submitted by /u/ShatteredKnight115
    [link] [comments]

    Found a possibly new and mostly useless punchline interaction? M20 spoilers

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 09:22 AM PDT

    I may not be amazing at this game... or good. But my god do I feel motivated after finally getting S Rank in the final two missions in SOS. Now to S rank the others and MAYBE do DMD(Spoiler).

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 05:56 AM PDT

    To those who love using Royal Guard: was there a time when you were intimidated by using it or disliked it before getting to understand it fully?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 09:32 AM PDT

    Because I used to not even touch Royal Guard but then I tried to S rank in Mission 19 of DMCV and I reluctantly tried to be decent at it. Then I finished him off with a fully charged release and it straight up felt like sex. In fact that was how I got the S rank I posted hours ago.

    submitted by /u/AntonRX178
    [link] [comments]

    Devil May Cry 6

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 11:44 AM PDT

    What are you're guy's hopes and expectations for Devil May Cry 6?

    submitted by /u/TheDamnDemon
    [link] [comments]

    How Often Do You Think Dante Uses Devil Trigger?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 07:08 PM PDT

    I'd assume that he wouldn't really need it that much.

    We know that he uses it in his fight against Urizen in and briefly when fighting Vergil, both in 5. He also uses it against Mundus. Outside of that? I guess we can assume that he uses it against Vergil in 3, considering Vergil uses DT himself.

    He definitely doesn't ever need to use it in 4. He has SDT in 2, which is kind of weird, because I can't see where he ever would've needed or had time to develop a more advanced form after beating Mundus.

    submitted by /u/manymade1
    [link] [comments]

    How did you discover Devil May Cry?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 04:58 AM PDT

    I recently made the jump to PC as a lifelong console gamer. Being able to change nero’s hair and coat with mods makes him look so awesome. Any other mods anyone recommends?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 06:15 PM PDT

    Force edge in dmc3

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 10:24 AM PDT

    Recently finished dmc3 and noticed that around mission 16 or 17 arkham takes both halves of the perfect amulet and fused them with force edge to take the form of sparda for a short amount of time. The thing is that according to dmc1 fusing the perfect amulet with force edge transforms it into the devil sword sparda, this did not happen in dmc3 where only arkham turned into spardavand held the force edge at all times before turning into a blob. So the thing is: is there a reason behind it or was it just a matter of design? Because the the amulet and sword split after arkham was defeated, allowing the force edge+vergil boss fight and is coherent with vergil falling into hell with his half of the perfect amulet and later dropping it after nelo angelo's defeat. This ends with Dante fusing it again with force edge and making the sparda. So whats the point of not using it in dmc 3?

    submitted by /u/ostin02
    [link] [comments]

    D&D-ifying Vergil's Yamato

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 09:13 AM PDT

    So after D&D-ifying Dante's Weapons from Devil May Cry 5, I decided to give Vergil's Yamato the same homebrew treatment. As before, this comes with the caveat that it is (intentionally) unbalanced and probably really OP. I just wanted to try and reflect its abilities in an accurate way.

    Let me know what you might change, if anything!

    Yamato

    • Martial melee weapon
    • Damage die — 1d8 slashing
    • Finesse
    • Modifiers: melee attacks +2, melee damage +2

    A katana imbued with tremendous demonic power, granting its wielder uncanny speed and precision, and capable of cutting through even the fabric of reality. The damage dealt is magical for the purposes of overcoming resistances. You may wield this weapon only when attuned to it. Intelligence is your spellcasting ability when using Yamato.

    Dark Slayer

    While attuned to Yamato, you may cast the Misty Step spell at will without expending a spell slot. The distance you may teleport with this ability is limited to 15 feet rather than the usual 30.

    Yamato also contains a single charge, which you may expend to cast the Dimension Door spell without somatic or material components. Immediately after casting, roll a d20; on a roll of 15 or higher, Yamato regains its expended charge. Otherwise the charge is regained following completion of a long rest.

    Judgement Cut

    While attuned to Yamato, you may use an action to cast the Cloud of Daggers spell at will without expending a spell slot. The spell is cast at 2nd level, and lasts until the start of your next turn.

    As an action, you may also use Yamato to cast the Steel Wind Strike spell at 5th level. You must complete a long rest before using this ability again.

    submitted by /u/Splatoonist
    [link] [comments]

    Started to play DMC 5 and not sure what exact fights counts to ranking.

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 11:36 AM PDT

    As the title says. What fights in stages count to ranking? There are spots in stages where you can just run through enemies until you get to unavoidable fight (with red walls), are those "red wall" fights only ones that counts or every possible devil you meet in stage?

    submitted by /u/VSmoL
    [link] [comments]

    Genuine thoughts on the series?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 10:58 AM PDT

    I recently attempted to play Devil May Cry 1 and it was a wretched experience. I took to Reddit and some people said it's pretty unforgiving to newcomers. I'm not new to games that can be hectic and difficult. I've played through both Bayonetta games, the 3D Ninja Gaiden games, and Metal Gear Rising. However, I was losing my mind with DMC1 because of the fact that I had to restart whole missions after dying. A few people recommended I skip the first two games and start with DMC3. I'm now doing that and here are my thoughts so far.

    It's certainly easier than DMC1, but it's still got some of the same problems I had with the original. The game's saving grace is that I can simply start a fight over from the previous room. THANK. SPARDA. Playing through a level for 10 minutes only to die and have to start it all over again was rage-inducing.

    That's it for the positives. Here come my gripes.

    The camera is abysmal. If there's anyone out there who actually likes this camera system.... you're nucking futs. I think platforming in this game is annoying and the constant shift in angles when I go through a corridor or attempt to jump up on to something is such an inconvenience. Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes handled this much better. The camera is at its absolute worst during fights, though. I've read people say that this camera is responsible for them taking hits because they couldn't see it coming. I don't know if it's me, but I'm not picking up audio cues, if there are any, and it's hard to tell from which direction an off-screen attack is coming from, and trying to position it is a drag. This camera is shit. I'm sorry.

    As for the combat itself, it's not bad. It's a little stiff for my liking, but I can see the appeal. I just wish there was a designated block button and that these damn styles didn't exist. So, I have to choose between dodging, a block that allows me to take chip damage to cash it out as an extra attack, or jumping in the other two styles. I hated jumping to dodge in DMC1. I'm not a fan of this whole system.

    That's all I really care to say about gameplay.

    The cutscenes are a real treat and I love how over-the-top they are. They remind me of some Metal Gear Solid and PlatinumGames cutscenes, so they're very welcome and appreciated.

    Now, I'm skipping DMC 1 & 2 and I plan on playing DMC 3, 4, and 5. DMC5 is the one I'm excited to get to because "Devil Trigger" hypes me up and the trailer was wild. It winning Game of the Year and being a favorite of Maximilian Dood helped even more. I want to play as much of the series as I can, but DMC1 left a sour taste in my mouth. Still, I'll soldier on.

    The point of all this was to ask this question: Is this series, gameplay AND camera, really that good? You might say "git gud" or that the gameplay was revolutionary for the time, but playing it for the first time is not that enjoyable for me. DMC3 is more digestible, so my opinions aren't that jaded, but I question the common opinion of this series being top tier.

    DMC (the reboot) was actually my first experience with the series. You might be thinking "tHaT gAmE sUcKs," but it really doesn't. Sure, Dante is a real prick of a character and it doesn't have the charm and atmosphere of the games before it, but from a gameplay perspective, I think it was solid. The gameplay speed and flow is everything I wanted the original series to be, AND I remember being able to control the camera freely. If DMC5 is anything like it, then I'm fucking stoked.

    Feel free to give me your opinions, good and bad, because I'm genuinely curious.

    submitted by /u/_lolrememberarbitur_
    [link] [comments]

    Who Had The Best Boss Fight In DmC: Devil May Cry

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 07:52 AM PDT

    Noob here, need some help with DMC 5

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 09:30 AM PDT

    So, i'm new to this game and never played any DMC titles.

    While attacking my enemies, should I hold lock-on the entire time, like Dark Souls games?

    The combat seems so slow while holding R1 (lock-on in PS4)

    submitted by /u/sleepy_daimon
    [link] [comments]

    How effective is holy water on ARKHAM? DMC3

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 09:29 AM PDT

    Let's imagine that I'm stuck on ARKHAM and I hate him and I want to get rid of him ASAP. I am normal mode, how much holy water will I need for his second phase?

    submitted by /u/godz_ares
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment