• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 2, 2020

    Devil May Cry Free Talk Sunday! What is up, Devil Hunter?

    Devil May Cry Free Talk Sunday! What is up, Devil Hunter?


    Free Talk Sunday! What is up, Devil Hunter?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 07:32 AM PDT

    Whatcha been up to this week? Playing any new games, go and see anything new, do anything exciting? Let's hear about it!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Finnaly got the hd collection after looking for months

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 01:57 PM PDT

    Vergil goes to Brazil and leaves Dante alone (really sad)

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 01:10 AM PDT

    "Now I know... this hand was made for sending guys like you back to hell! And... now... you... DIE!!!"

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 03:05 PM PDT

    Made Some Fake DMC5 Nendo Announcements!

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 01:26 PM PDT

    【DMC Mobile: PoC】 Short Dante "Combo MAD"!

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 01:53 PM PDT

    I only just now got the reference

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 06:32 PM PDT

    When Proto Angelo charges, he always either says "go to hell" or "it's over" because that's what Vergil always said when using drive or overdrive respectively

    submitted by /u/BeenEatinBeans
    [link] [comments]

    Day 139 of Quarantine and I've finally beat DMD on this series I've been playing for decades now.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 04:24 AM PDT

    Sounds Like a Troll Post, But...

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 07:09 AM PDT

    If you hold L1+L2+R1+R2 during the costume select screen, you can play as shorter-haired Dante (from Mission 10) in DMC 5. Not sure what this does for V or Nero though.

    Pretty cool.

    submitted by /u/Splatoonist
    [link] [comments]

    So uh just found out the version Shin Megami Tensei 3 that's getting a remaster is the one without Dante as a guest character.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 10:25 AM PDT

    Not gonna lie. That makes me less motivated.

    submitted by /u/RisingxRenegade
    [link] [comments]

    HDR on ps4 pro

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 05:40 PM PDT

    This is gonna sound dumb, but I booted it up again today on PS4 pro since we got a new 4K hdr tv like a month or so ago, but I cant find a way to enable HDR, is it on by default?

    submitted by /u/Dannygosling91
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone wanna play 3 warriors in dmc 5 with me

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 12:55 PM PDT

    Anyone with ps plus wanna do mission 13

    submitted by /u/chinacough
    [link] [comments]

    My recent dmc 5 mission results on He'll and Hell

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 11:46 AM PDT

    Does busting up Gilgamesh's leg as V (when it comes through the ceiling) affect anything on Nero's end of the boss battle?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 08:10 PM PDT

    Just curious, it's the kind of game where I expect insane amount of detail.

    submitted by /u/serenity78
    [link] [comments]

    Absolutely Incredible Tiny Details

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 10:45 PM PDT

    -In Devil May Cry 3, Lady wears a bandage on her leg the rest of the game after Arkham stabs her, she can't regenerate without medical help considering she is full human. Her bandage is clearly on the location of where Arkham plunged the Kalina Ann's bayonet in her thigh. This can especially be seen in her after- boss battle cutscene.

    -Lady's hands shake vigorously while pointing the gun at Arkham, at the beginning basement entrance room where he "died." This indicates she was scared to pull the trigger and murder her father.

    -After Arkham stabs Lady on the leg in DMC3, The blood might seem not to go anywhere, but, actually, there are lines of tile gaps, where Lady's blood travels to the center of Vergil Battle 2 Basement Room.

    The reason why it took a little while until the full tower was revealed because Lady's blood had to travel through the gaps and reach the center, thus, activating the tower.

    -In Devil May Cry 4, Nero was about to stab Dante in the chest, just like DMC3 when Vergil did, by disarming and impaling him through the torso, though, Dante dodges this. This happens in the second fight with Dante.

    -In Devil May Cry 5, Nero is the only character, out of the 3 descendants, to have visible permanent scars. Nero never had the super regeneration of Dante and Vergil, though, they did seem to heal after his DT and in the epilogue, though, Vergil caused those blemishes during the fight. Dante and Vergil never have permanent scars, they always heal.

    -During Nero's fight with Vergil, look behind you on the stage and there's a familiar face watching the fight, while sitting down and relaxing.

    submitted by /u/chessybasta
    [link] [comments]

    Where do you think is a good bet DMC5 will finally release a Special Edition?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 07:43 PM PDT

    My Personal Ranking of Nero's Devil Breakers

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 07:46 AM PDT

    After beating the game for the first time on Devil Hunter difficulty, I am even more motivated to dominate the combat system, max out my skills/abilities and finally, attempt the Herculean effort that is the Bloody Palace.

    As a whole, I will write my appreciation in anotehr post, but for now, these next paragraphs are dedicated to celebrating Nero's OG Devil Breakers (excluding DLC), since they are an important part of Nero's massive success, gameplay-wise. This ranking is based on how fun and useful I found each Devil Breaker to be.

    1. Overture - Nero's first Devil Breaker is the one that felt the most memorable to me. It shines because of how useful and straight-forward it is. While I did not use "Exploder" that much, I found "Battery" to be incredibly satisfying to use mid-combo or at the end of one! Whenever my enemies banded together, I instantly knew that they were about to get the Overture treatment, sooner or later. First and second place Devil Breakers feel absolutely essential to me and I refuse to begin a Nero mission without one of each in my inventory, at least.
    2. Punch Line - This Devil Breaker feels so damn good to use! My main use for it involved keeping an enemy entertained with the main homing-missile attack while I turned my attention to others. "Jet Gagdet" was also pretty good, but kinda felt a bit "hit-or-miss" - I thought it reached peak usefulness in short bursts, contained environments and considerable groups of enemies. Regarding "Boost Knuckle", I barely used it.
    3. Ragtime - This time-altering Devil Breaker feels especially satisfying to use against those hard-hitting (and harder to knockback) enemies. Not much else to say about it, except that I used "Slow Sphere" almost exclusively. The fact that Ragtime facilitates damage output adds an important extra layer of depth to Nero's arsenal, but it still falters when compared to the best two Devil Breakers, in my opinion.
    4. Rawhide - Specialized in crowd control, this Devil Breaker definitely had a fair use in my playthrough. "Slide Winder" was a viable option to stagger and disperse enemies, facilitating a combo against an isolated enemy. Moreover, "Loop the Loop" was one of the Break Age powers that I used the most. I also appreciate the extension to "Wire Snatch" - a move that feels absolutely essential to Nero.
    5. Gerbera - Initially, Gerbera would have made one of the bottom places in this ranking, but time and experience taught me the importance of agility and mobility. Still, I feel like this was one of the most underrated Devil Breakers on my part - my use of "Jocky" was almost exclusively for evasive maneuvers, while "Petal Ray" was never used in my playthough (mostly because I spent a long time giving preference to ground-based combos). "Stamen Ray" had a decent use, though.
    6. Tomboy - The potential for huge damage output turned it into a respectable Devil Breaker, even if I probably did not make the best use out of it: "EX Shots" felt too cumbersome to be viable, while "Red Queen EX Combos" were not used to their full extent, mainly due to how I handled them in the heat of battle. It also felt like a very fragile Devil Breaker (again, probably because I didn't use "Rendezvous" at all). My lack of skill with this Devil Breaker is kind of excusable due to how little I used it, but I intend to get better at it.
    7. Helter Skelter - I gave this Devil Breaker some decent use in the early game, but with time, it mostly faded into obscurity. Maybe I was using it wrong, but I didn't feel like "Drill Rig" was all that useful (yes, even with the additional hits by pressing (O)), which forced me to use "Drill Master" often if I wanted to capitalize on this Devil Breaker. In general, I found Helter Skelter to be forgettable.
    8. Buster Arm - Designed for grabbing enemies, this Devil Breaker was the "black sheep" of Nero's arsenal, in my personal vision for him. Not much to say about it, except that I didn't find grabs to be all that interesting or viable during the campaign. Ironically, after unlocking Nero's Devil Trigger, I found myself using them sporadically, which decreases Buster Arm's importance even more (Nero now has another way to grab and bust enemies, after all!).

    That's it. Keep in mind that even though I already beat the game, I am perfectly aware that it does not make me more than a novice - I only scored a "S", with the rest being As and Bs.
    Now, it's time for me to go into The Void more seriously, trying out things that work and others that don't work, while trying to improve my technique.
    That being said, how would you rank Nero's Devil Breakers? It would be interesting to see other perspectives in that regard.

    submitted by /u/RedShadowF95
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for getting into the original game(s) for a complete newcomer to the series?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 08:16 AM PDT

    I have the original trilogy remastered for the PS3 and just tried playing the first game the other day, and I noticed that it's particularly... antiquated... even for a remastered PS2 game. The audio mastering is completely messed up and the subtitles setting seems to be next to useless, making it almost impossible to hear any dialogue. The game has no tutorial and never explains the controls, though they weren't hard to figure out. The explanation/story for what I'm doing in the first 3 levels is basically nonexistent. The above complaints make me feel like I've missed something and I'm just thrown into the game world with no context. Combat is kind of janky, and I keep dying to the first boss (magma scorpion?) with no idea of how to beat him. To be honest, all I know about the series is that it has wild, over the top, combo-heavy combat and that's not what I'm getting here. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/TheGreatCornlord
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment