• Breaking News

    Monday, December 30, 2019

    Devil May Cry Weekly Q&A Megathread - Ask your questions here!

    Devil May Cry Weekly Q&A Megathread - Ask your questions here!


    Weekly Q&A Megathread - Ask your questions here!

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 06:34 AM PST

    To help our users get their many questions answered, we have implemented weekly Q&A megathreads.

    FAQ

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    A Small Dante Combo

    Posted: 25 Dec 2019 09:03 AM PST

    V in a nutshell

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 04:11 PM PST

    Foolishness

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 07:22 AM PST

    Evolution of Royalguard

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 11:44 AM PST

    He'll do anything for more power

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 07:11 AM PST

    He will take any power available

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 09:11 AM PST

    2019 in 5 words

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 12:14 PM PST

    Come in Nero

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 10:44 AM PST

    Important message from Dante

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 04:13 PM PST

    Vergil topless mod funzies

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 02:18 PM PST

    "I've realized how important everything was ... everything I've thrown away in my pursuit for power."

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 12:05 PM PST

    DMC 1 is quite possibly the most unintentionally hilarious game I've ever played.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 05:19 PM PST

    Solid combat notwithstanding, the voice acting, the dialogue, holy shit, THE FUCKING PLANE! Just WHAT IS EVEN HAPPENING I CAN'T WITH THIS GAME!

    I almost pissed myself laughing at "I should've been the one to fill your dark soul with LIIIIIIGHT-Liiiight-liiight..." Little teardrop sparkles

    Scratch that, just watched the clip on Youtube, still laughing.

    This game is the quintessential early 2000's Capcom game, ridiculously corny action, easily trumping the comedy gold that is Resident Evil's Jill Sandwich and the like. I cannot believe I'd been missing out on this goldmine of potential memery and hokey dialogue for so many years.

    submitted by /u/ShortchangeParamecia
    [link] [comments]

    probably not that great but i did a balrog combo

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 01:11 PM PST

    "When this is over, I'll make you submit ... Father."

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 01:00 PM PST

    Dunkey's Best of 2019

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 09:21 AM PST

    GAME OF THE YEAR 2019 w/Maximilian (Spoiler Alert: It's Devil May Cry 5)

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 11:12 AM PST

    I'm 15 missions into DMC 5. Why isn't this game winning GOTY

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 02:17 PM PST

    So I recently bought DMC5 in the Black Friday sales and put it on the back burner while I finished DEATH Stranding.

    Oh my god, it is one of the best action games this entire console generation. And yet, no awards!

    What the hell is wrong with the gaming press?

    submitted by /u/shatteredmatt
    [link] [comments]

    Dante's real face

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 10:58 AM PST

    [Photomode] If you get an A rank and taunt, Nero will put his hood up and it will stay up even out of combat.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 11:56 AM PST

    second score - Dmc3

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 12:32 PM PST

    To any modder out there, I’m literally BEGGING you to mod EX Provocation into the 2-frame meme dance. Music can be whatever it needs to be

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 11:11 PM PST

    Just gonna say my appreciation for just how incredible DMC3 is even by today's standards and as a whole.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 05:41 AM PST

    I have already posted my little origin story about how I got into DMC in my previous post a few weeks ago (the one about my f-up on the DMC3 Vergil file overwrite thing), so I think it's time for me to give a little review.

    Okay, the story. Not the most complex, in fact the plot by itself is basic, but it was surprisingly deeper than I expected and was incredibly well-put together. Vergil is much more than someone who just wants power, Dante is much more than that carefree goofball and had plenty of charactet development, and both siblings deep down had still loved and cared for each other. Arkham was a master manipulator via Jester (I had only just realised that the connection was already foreshadowed because both have the same type of ocular heterochromia) and Lady was incredibly badass for a human, and her inner struggle on whether or not she should kill her father, as well as how she realised that not all demonkind are pure evil. So that's that.

    Graphically it's great for a 14yo game, and is decent enough today, so that's all I'm going to say. Framerate stays at 60fps, though it does tank during explosions at times, especially from dying Dullahans and on using Nevan (PS2 version btw).

    Enemy design is generally good, the 7 Hells were overall good, spiders were okay, Abysses were neat, FUCK THE ENIGMAS, THE DULLAHANS, FALLEN, THE QUEEN AND KING CHESS PIECES. As for bosses, kinda hit and miss. Arkham sucked balls, Lady was nearly as bad, Gigapede annoying but easy, Leviathan, Doppelganger and Jester were meh, Geryon was decent, but the rest were amazing and more than made up for the worst bosses.

    Now the mechanics. MY WORD. For a game this old, the depth is insane, and I'm barely scratching the surface, by switching weapons mid-combo, learning Nevan, mastering (Ultimate) Tempest, and getting the grips of jump-cancelling aerials, albeit with just Cerberus and Beowulf. And I've only max levelled up Swordmaster and Trickster, and currently on Very Hard difficulty. Incredibly satisfying when managing to stay at least S-rank on style and only getting hit one or twice early on, but still need to work on avoiding getting hit in the first place and my decision-making on executing high-risk moves, by far my biggest hole in my playing ability. I'm embarrassed to admit that it took me around a dozen attempts to beat A&R on Very Hard (totalling 45 mins of time), and accumulated around 200k damage. But still, I know that I'm getting better at it. Copy-paste this game's mechanics onto any game in recent years and it'll never look out of place for the time period, in fact it'll be considered up there with the best.

    Only major criticism is the camera at times, which is arguably the second-biggest reason why I kept losing to A&R.

    So there it is.

    submitted by /u/weegee19
    [link] [comments]

    Dante and money.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 12:22 PM PST

    So, while I was looking back at the story of Sparda, something just clicked in my brain :
    Why is Dante poor ?
    I mean ... his dad was a God-like figure for a lot of humans - " such as when he reigned as Feudal Lord of Fortuna" - and probably worshipped elsewhere too but, eh, we don't know.
    Anyway, living up with mankind for like two thoussand years AND a figure of worship the guy must have been loaded with money, right ?
    Look at Dante and Vergil's child home, the bloody rich painting and nice looking home, surely even when he left them, Sparda MUST have left a shitload of money somewhere - like a bank account or whatever for his wife and twins - .

    Wouldn't it be hilarious that Danta actually got like millions somewhere from his Dad but didn't know ? (Maybe Vergil knows of that, I mean, his clothes doesn't look cheap !)
    Just a funny thought I had randomly :).

    submitted by /u/yanboy50
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment