• Breaking News

    Friday, November 29, 2019

    Devil May Cry Weekly SSStylish Round-Up Thread (11-29-19)

    Devil May Cry Weekly SSStylish Round-Up Thread (11-29-19)


    Weekly SSStylish Round-Up Thread (11-29-19)

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 11:05 AM PST

    I'm currently sitting at my desk eating Thanksgiving leftovers, but more importantly, let's review all the amazing threads we had this week!

    From u/AkeboshiBeard, he's made some pretty cool DMC5 renders with SFM before, and this one is absolutely no exception!

    This video was brought to the sub's attention by u/lulcielid. It's a pretty interesting comparison between the input lag of the original DMC3SE pc port and the DMC HD collection port. Make sure you slow the video down for the best look at it! Thanks to u/mechamike for making the video!

    this guy absolutely WRECKED Vergil's shit here. One Ragtime breakage later and Vergil's missing like 2/3rds of his health. Provided a great jaw dropping moment. Thank you, u/mrwannagethigh for the moment!

    A Nero combo from u/shadeshocking. Lot of cool horizontal movement here. I think this is the first time I've seen someone combo maximum bet into Gerbera's ground Breakage and it's super dope!

    From the ever present u/BLACKREEE95, A lot of users are surprised to see that Nero uses a ghost Yamato when DT Bustering the Empusa Queen.

    From u/wannagethigh again, we get a look at controlling Dante's trajectory with Cavaliere and Cerberus. Why not try to fit this into your gameplay next time you boot up 5?

    A really cool looking Dante combo from u/AmmanuelB. I particularly love how they use Dante's summoned swords to get around Cav's recovery frames.

    U/Chronoteeth wants to know what YOUR battle theme would be in DMC. it's a pretty fun thought experiment!

    A giant collaborative combo mad coming from the one and only Turtle Sensei. I'm only part way through it, but I already know that EVERYONE needs to see this. The solo combos are great and creative, and the video only gets better when the CO OP COMBOS start! If you like DMC, you gotta watch this! Thanks to u/Millhouse96 for bringing this video to us!

    submitted by /u/kjlop
    [link] [comments]

    Give her some Devil Trigger, if you know what I mean ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 06:41 AM PST

    I honestly love this game!

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 11:54 AM PST

    Absolute Power

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 10:18 AM PST

    At the end of each mission, I rate literally everyone as stylish just so they can get gold orbs, even if they don't need it.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 08:43 AM PST

    I think Mundus has come for me

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 04:14 PM PST

    The Legendary Dark Knight Dante

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 04:23 PM PST

    The best CO-OP combo ever (Ft. Demon Saine)

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 10:58 AM PST

    My attempt of Dante

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 10:11 PM PST

    I think my game is glitched, it’s been stuck like this for 5 minutes

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 04:25 PM PST

    Some Rockets into Dance Macabre

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 03:06 PM PST

    Let’s get this party started!

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 10:59 PM PST

    DMC5 Nero inspired plush made by me!

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 07:23 PM PST

    This series is fucking amazing (except 2)

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 04:12 PM PST

    A couple of months ago I went out and bought the DMC hd collection for my ps4. Didnt really touch the game in like a month or so until one day I was bored as shit. So I downloaded the game and started with DMC 1. Great game but most of the time I was fighting the shitty camera and janky controls but overall an okish game. DMC 2 on the other hand, was the a steaming pile of shit of which I dont want to be near again. After 2, I wasnt really expecting anything great from 3 and holy fucking jesus was I wrong. Havent beat 3 yet but damn am I MOTIVATED to take a day off work to do so. Cant wait to play 4 and 5 after this.

    submitted by /u/anime_is_god
    [link] [comments]

    9 months after release i finally got my hands in the demo

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 09:42 AM PST

    TIFU by overwriting my Dante file with a new Vergil one in DMC3:SE.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 03:54 PM PST

    Alright, lemme introduce myself as a new fan of the DMC series. Played the 1st one and only beat it on normal so far (still a decent game mechanically, but started playing 3 afterwards and never looked back since). I was only 9 when DMC3 was released, but never had a great deal of interest as my younger self was more into the GBA and GCN, until this year. After playing some Dark Souls, I had taken a huge liking for difficult action games, and watching a family member play DMC5 had me thinking that I should go and dabble into the DMC series. I have a PS2 in great condition, just need to get DMC1 and DMC3 in great, if not even new (was able to get unused copies on eBay for dead cheap).

    Fast-forward to today, where I beat the game on Hard (before moving forward to the newer entries, I want to try and eventually S-rank everything in DMC3), I thought that it's about time I play Vergil and just do a Hard playthrough with him. And this is where the TIFU happened.

    I started the new game up, had overwritten my Dante file, and thought nothing of it, and had already felt that something wasn't right by Mission 3. So I quit the game, made a new file with Dante, and that was when reality bitch-slapped me.

    The cutscenes and mission selection were gone, with just the unlocked costumes and difficulties remaining (up to DMD). Whilst shitting bricks, I started on normal, and went straight to Customize, and my worst fears were realised.

    My levelled-up styles, Devil Arms, guns, increased health, DT meter, actions and gun upgrades. ALL. GONE. From there, I internally screamed and cursed my stupidity.

    If there's a flipside to this, at least I can replay the game on Normal and appreciate just how much I've improved since I first started this game, and getting my weapons and upgrades back shouldn't take that long, as I'm fairly confident I could beat Normal mode at least in about 6 or so hours. Doesn't negate that pain though. And I believe that this is hardly a unique experience either.

    TL;DR: See title, plus I lost my Devil Arms, weapons, upgrades.

    Didn't think that I would be making this as my first post (have commented a handful of times) on this sub, but oh well.

    submitted by /u/weegee19
    [link] [comments]

    CO-OP Combo Practice with Demon Saine

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 12:06 PM PST

    I love 5 and everything, but fuck trying to S rank mission 10.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 08:26 AM PST

    I've been working on this shit for two days. I know I'm not very good at this game. Especially as Dante because he just has too much fucking shit. But fuck me dude this mission feels like it's impossible to s rank. I just got 4995 on it in my last run. Like come on Itsuno throw me a fucking bone here my dude. 5 fucking points? Are you kidding me? And before you people start I'm not looking for advice. Just bitching about this stupid bullshit.

    submitted by /u/Big_n_Beefy
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to get into the series, help a guy out?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 01:06 PM PST

    Baaasically the title.

    Should I buy the collection available on PSN and play through chronologically? I hear 2 is bad and the reboot is worse, so i'm not really sure if I'm 'supposed' to play those or how much story i'd be missing.

    Or should I just get 5?

    Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

    submitted by /u/SkullBarrier
    [link] [comments]

    New Strength

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 10:28 PM PST

    Hypothetically, what if nero's mother turns out to be a major villain?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 09:05 AM PST

    I feel like they're sitting on the identity of nero's mom either because they don't want to reveal it for the sake of being ambiguous, or they're leaving it open specifically for a major plot twist in a future title featuring vergil as the main character.

    Imagine it, vergil goes on his own mission to uncover the true nature behind an evil organization using demons for their own ends, discovers that nero's mom is behind it all and she's basically a disenfranchised religious nut who survived the attack of the savior and blames nero for the destruction of fortuna's religious idol. So not only is vergil torn because this was an old flame of his, he has to fight her in order to protect nero from the mom who abandoned him and now wants him dead or something.

    I mean, given devil may cry's penchant for using family as antagonists this wouldn't be far fetched. plus making a major villain a human would be an interesting twist if done right.

    I genuinely feel that they're hoping to avoid revealing anything about nero's mother right now specifically because they intend to make her a major character later on and haven't quite decided what they'll even do. they even leave the nature of her humanity ambiguous, as nero is listed as a "Hybrid (?)" with the question mark at the end leaving it up for debate. it's possible his mother is a demon, but there's no way to know for sure.

    Thought i'd bring this up, i never see any discussions about this because...quite frankly nero's mom is currently "village npc status" in terms of her importance to the franchise. But with vergil officially back and having sorta reconciled with dante, that leaves the door open to further explore nero's family history.

    submitted by /u/TBAAAGamer1
    [link] [comments]

    Difficulties after DMD

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 11:49 AM PST

    So, I'm playing in DMD currently and I've been wondering, are HoH and HaH difficulties are just annoyingly harder or is it easier than DMD? (I know in HoH, you and enemies die in 1 damage and in HaH, only you die in 1 damage)

    submitted by /u/kaanbaykozi
    [link] [comments]

    Blue Rose question

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 12:25 PM PST

    Has anyone else noticed it start charging automatically after a taunt? I'd also accidentally switched on Auto for a few minutes, does that have something to do with it?

    submitted by /u/Sunnyboigaming
    [link] [comments]

    "FUCK YOU!" - Nero, Devil May Cry V, 2019

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 02:58 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment