• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 29, 2020

    Devil May Cry Tech Talk Tuesday! Let us talk tech!

    Devil May Cry Tech Talk Tuesday! Let us talk tech!


    Tech Talk Tuesday! Let us talk tech!

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 06:32 AM PST

    It's Tuesday which means it's time for Tech Talk! Made any new discoveries? Need some help? This is the right place! (This section will be updated continuously. It's a work in progress.)

    Guides That Might Help

    Devil May Cry 3

    DMC3 Jump Cancelling Tutorial SSStylish DMC3 Videos

    Devil May Cry 4

    DMC4 Dante Guide DMC4 Nero Guide DMC4 Vergil Guide 2bepower's DMC4 Dante Guide SSStylish DMC4 Videos

    Devil May Cry 5

    DMC5 Nero Guide DMC5 Dante Guide DMC5 Ultimate Parry Guide & Showcase SSStylish DMC5 Videos Conqvist Guides DMC5 Videos

    Various DMC Games

    Compiled YouTube Playlist of Various Tech

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The Alpha and the omega experience

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 03:33 PM PST

    First ad ive watched fully, i like it

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 04:52 AM PST

    It must be part of cut content or something.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 02:16 AM PST

    Lady and Vergil

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 05:24 AM PST

    Bullying siblings is a staple of DMC

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 06:28 PM PST

    Ladies night a reality we'll never get. R.I.P.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 05:31 PM PST

    Savior! Bloodstained! Hellfire! Shadow!

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 07:16 AM PST

    What Vergil’s astrology app told him before he met Nero for the first time.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 07:22 AM PST

    Singing Along to Bury The Light Be Like

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 08:54 PM PST

    AVE V

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 05:57 AM PST

    DIY DMC NEON/LED Sign

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 03:51 PM PST

    DIY DMC NEON/LED Sign

    Hello everyone,

    I have just finished my very first neon/led sign and I want to share it with you!

    TLDR: I made my own Devil May Cry sign, scroll down for the final result.

    Project walkthrough:

    For the longest time I have wanted the Devil May Cry neon sign from the game. However, it is quite expensive to get the official one from Capcom, so I started looking into making my own.

    After a bit of research, I found a shop in my area that has these beautiful flexible LED strips that have this neon look to them. When I first started working on this, I went with a hand drawing of the sign to the size I wanted. However this became a bit difficult to keep all the measurements correct. There are some restrictions with the LEDS, as they can only be cut every 2.5cm. This meant that I had to slightly alter the letter shapes to fit the LEDs in. I also had to add a bit of margin to each letter so that I could fit the wiring (each piece of LED has its own electrical wire to power it).

    After some trial and error, I changed my approach. Since I had access to a cnc router, I designed the sign to size in Rhino with all the correct measurements and got the cnc machine to do its thing:

    Fresh out of the cnc router

    Next, I sanded all the grooves to make it nice and smooth, and started cutting all the LEDs:

    Time to cut!

    At this point in the project, I wasn't sure what to do with the background. Painting it black was the safest approach, but I didn't like that idea. I wanted the sign to look nice even while it was turned off. After discussing it with friends and family, my brother came up with a genius idea! What if the background was a picture from the game! Sort of like a canvas that lights up! I loved that idea and started looking into how I could get a picture printed that big to fit on the board (without losing too much detail). I also had to find a picture that would fit the theme. My brother had Vergil vs Dante in his head, but looking online, most of the screenshots I could find had too much colours and weren't subtle enough for my taste. I wanted something that was nice to look at, without taking away from the Neon writing itself. So in the end I settled on the DMC5 opening menu shot, with Nero looking at the Qliphoth.

    Of course, this added more layers of complexity to my piece. I had to find a way of enlarging the picture to my board size, and superpose the writing on top (it had to be exactly aligned if I wanted to cut out the picture to the grooves of my board). Luckily, I knew someone who had access to industrial sized printers for movies and photography. I gave him the superposed image I made, and got him to print a first cut version for trial:

    Photoshop file

    Once that was printed, I got started on cutting out the letters. However I quickly found out that this made a mess. The paper wasn't meant to be cut like that, and it just ended up looking very messy, with the paper tearing in places and falling apart in others. I had to rethink my approach ...

    In the end, I re-printed the picture without the writing on top. Glued the image onto my board. Placed another sheet of wood on top of my board, and used the cnc to go through all the grooves again. This ended up being a cleaner cut for the picture without all the hassle that comes from hand cutting it. Following that, I used a Sharpy to create a small black outline around all the letters. This was to try and blend the writing a bit more with the picture, so as to not make it jarring when going from picture to LEDs. Here is a photo of what it looked like at the time:

    Printed picture with letter outline

    Next, I spray painted the borders black to blend in with the picture and stand I was making. While the paint was drying, I soldered each piece of LEDs to electric wires. This was my first time soldering, so this came with its own set of challenges. The idea is, each piece of LED has an electrical wire soldered on (one positive and one negative wire), which would then have to be regrouped. I had already made a hole for each piece wire.

    The final step was to fit and glue each LED strip, solder together all the ends to create a single positive and negative end and then connect it to the transformer:

    Nearly done!

    And now for the final result! Please keep in mind that the camera on my phone is bad and does not do the sign justice! :D

    Sign turned off

    Sign turned on!

    There you go! Thank you for reading through my rambles, I hope that this post was somewhat informative!

    I tried to keep this post as short as possible. Obviously there a lot of things I didn't dive too deep into, so if you want to know more about a certain aspect of this project, or how I did/approach a certain thing, please let me know!

    My hope is that this gives someone some fresh ideas and maybe the inspiration to do one themselves!

    submitted by /u/GoldenBoy_____
    [link] [comments]

    Here's a Vergil combo i did

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 02:12 PM PST

    If Vergil gets the entire story, why can't Dante? Why can't Nero?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 01:30 PM PST

    Capcom just confuses the shit out of me. Special Edition was their opportunity to make this change too; pretty frustrating aspect of an otherwise near-perfrct game.

    submitted by /u/yevillainyolsenocean
    [link] [comments]

    Dmc5 Enemies tier list based on how hard they are (DMD especially)

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 01:45 AM PST

    I drew da Empusa

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 11:51 PM PST

    Got the DLC yesterday and I finally got the timing down.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 11:01 AM PST

    Pain

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 03:51 PM PST

    my first time playing dmc1, nothing but pain

    submitted by /u/Mundane_Camp9673
    [link] [comments]

    A little cool detail, when vergil holds His Book apparently his doppelganger bar recharges fast.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 07:07 AM PST

    You can Vergils air stinger infinitely if you taunt between each

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 07:26 AM PST

    Just wanted to share this, didn't find anyone talking about it, and no relevant search results on google.

    The direction you taunt in is the direction you have to aim stinger at.

    It's a good forward movement option in the air to compensate for the lack of directional double jumps

    submitted by /u/SilvahNinja
    [link] [comments]

    After this: Call an ambulance!

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 06:46 AM PST

    Got the timings for Ground and Air JDC. Time to practice until I it’s etched into memory

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 06:20 AM PST

    i made this i hope you enjoy

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 07:45 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment